google-site-verification: google7cff9fb873804351.html About That! rituals, cultures beliefs : Why We Love Halloween

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Why We Love Halloween

My Daughter... and her "friend"
Our Family Loves Halloween.  We always have. Our kids grew up eagerly anticipating yet another October 31st.

For over twenty five years, I have made an attempt to make our house "look" like something else.  I do themes.   Now that our children are young adults,  my Husband and I sit on our porch, enjoy a little wine and hand out treats to visiting neighbouring children.  We buy for a couple hundred kids.
As the years go on, I see less and less of my neighbours participating, maybe because - there's only a handful of families, in our block, that currently have young children.

Still I love the Celebration.



All over the world, people have always honoured and celebrated Festivals of Dead,  the ending Fall seasons and to some degree, Wiccan tradition.   It isn't supposed to be scary. It's supposed to be reverent.

So why do we mock the dead?  The ending and haunting of life and scary tradition?

Because it's fun! It's simply fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment